Newbold Parish Church
Welcome to the website for Newbold Parish Church. Newbold Parish Church is a place of worship, fellowship, prayer, fun, laughter, and above all a place for people to encounter God – Father, Son & Holy Spirit!
Our worship style varies depending on which service you attend.
Resuming in church from Easter Day
10am Mass – Our services are currently combined into this service embracing elements from all 3 of our normal services
- Please use of hand gel on entry and exit (provided)
- 2m distancing is in place
- Communion will only be in one form only (Bread)
- Wearing of face masks/coverings is now mandatory on government advice
- Please do not attend if you feel unwell
- Those in the extremely clinically vulnerable group are still advised to consider their risk.
Tuesday 9.45pm for 10am start – virtual Morning Prayer service via Zoom which lasts approx. 30mins – if you would like to receive an invitation to this please contact our Church Administrator Sue by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Other activities continue online including Women’s and Men’s groups, Quiz nights and Coffee Mornings – see our What’s on page for further details.
Newbold Parish Church was consecrated in 1857 and ever since has served its seemingly ever-growing Parish. We have strong links with Newbold Church Primary School, as well as associations with other organisations.
Our full name is: St John the Evangelist Church, Newbold. We are in the Church of England Parish of Newbold with Dunston, which is in the Deanery of North East Derbyshire; the Archdeaconry of Chesterfield; the Diocese of Derby, and the Province of Canterbury.