What is the Mother’s Union?
The Mother’s Union is an international Charity with 4 million members in over 80 countries around the world. It is 140 years old this year, 2016.
The purpose is to encourage parents to care for their children, physically, mentally and spiritually. Also, the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
There are five objects
- To uphold Christs teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
- To maintain a world-wide fellowship of Christians, united in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Membership is open to all those who have been baptised in the name of the Holy Trinity and declare their support for the aims and objects of the society.
Mother’s Union Group at Newbold
The group meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 2 pm in the Parish Room. More information may be obtained by contacting by emailing the church or calling into Church on a Saturday morning.
Mother’s Union July 2017
The afternoon of July 12th was lovely and sunny so that seven members and one guest could enjoy strawberries and scones in Bob and Ruth’s garden. Lots of conversation took place and it was lovely that almost the full MU group were present. The raffle was won by Margaret Hobson. Members were reminded that our next meeting will be the AGM on September 13th. We hope that Fr. Ben will celebrate Mass with us, in the Lady Chapel at 2pm prior to business in the Parish Room.
The committee will meet on August 16th, 2pm at Ruth’s house to arrange next year’s programme.
Ruth Cable (Committee Member)